Another extremely busy week has gone by. I can’t believe it’s already time to be posting another reading list. It feels like I just posted one. I was exposed to a lot of great reading this week…and some not so great reading. I’ve come across some fun and interesting posts on the web only a taste of which I’ve shared with you below. Offline, I’ve been forced to read a number of pretty dry and inexcusably long and verbose academic pieces for my school work. I think all academics should have to take creative writing classes and, as a condition to having their papers published, should be forced to read their work to a panel of gifted bloggers – who, at their discretion, can send an electric shock through the academic’s body for poorly written sentences. Ahh…I think there’s a reality TV show in there somewhere….at the very least a video podcast.
Here’s some great stuff I’ve read this week – hope you enjoy. Have a great week!
- Johnny Moneyseed interview’s Jim Collins, a man with f-you money.
- Can’t manage money? Well The College Investor say you should blame it on your brain!
- Greg at Club Thrifty confronts the 1% and the greed pursuit of “more”.
- “Be Water my friend” says Thorin in his Lifehacker post about the productivity insights of Bruce Lee.
(Ending it as we began, my last recommendation is from Jim Collins’ blog. After reading Johnny Moneyseed’s interview – I just had to learn more about this man. After finding this next post, I have to tell you – I’m committed to reading the whole damn blog)
- Jim Collins explains why we all need f-you money.